LASER WART AND VERRUCA REMOVAL
Warts and verrucas are viral infections of the skin, usually taking the form of small hard, raised nodules. These are actually clusters of your own skin cells which have been infected and transformed by the virus. Many people will develop an immune suppression to their warts or verrucas and spontaneous remission will occur within 2-5 years. Laser treatment is a very effective method of removing them; it’s quick, safe, no needles, no bleeding and the cool air blower minimises discomfort. Scarring is highly unlikely as the wart is killed off by coagulating the feeder blood vessels rather than just chipping away at the surface layers.
At Lincoln Laser Skincare we can treat stubborn warts and verrucas successfully using our medical grade pulsed-dye Nlite-v laser. This works by firing a short shot of energy through a 3 or 5 mm hand piece, heating up and destroying the infected material at the centre of the lesion. The laser energy penetrates the lesion and seals the blood supply so that the wart or verruca cannot survive.
How many treatments will I need?
In most cases, 1-2 treatment for young, small lesions. However, for larger and established lesions can be very deeply rooted and may require a number of sessions to remove.
How successful is the treatment?
Although there are alternative methods, laser treatment is the most successful in resolving warts and verrucas as they can accurately target the blood supply to the lesion without causing painful peripheral damage. The pulsed dye laser has been used successfully for more than 20 years for vascular treatments, but because viruses are particularly good at finding new ways to avoid the immune system, some clients have reported that new lesions have appeared in different places. This is sadly outside of anyone’s control.
START YOUR JOURNEY TO A BETTER SKIN FROM £35
Step 1: MEDICAL CONSULTATION FOR JUST £35
- You’ll come and see our medical practitioner at your consultation. They’ll ask you about your warts and most verrucas, your full medical history and if you’ve had any previous treatments.
- Your problematic area will be assessed to establish its true condition
- Full costing of treatments is explained at your consultation visit and you will be under no obligation to make any decisions at that time. We always encourage people to consider the information before embarking on any course of treatment
- The removal treatment can usually be carried out straight after the consultation if required
Step 2 : TREATMENT
- Preparation of the area includes pairing the lesion down with a scalpel
- The laser will target the lesion until the right clinical end point is achieved
- During a treatment, a cold air blower is applied to minimise any discomfort
WARTS AND VERUCAS LASER REMOVAL AT GLANCE
Consultation: £35 (one-off fee)
Procedure Time: 30min
Specialist: Medical Nurse Practitioner
Recovery Time: 24-48h of potential soreness and bruising is possible
Prices: from £80 a session depending on the size of the area