Gold Standard Laser Tattoo Removal
Since our launch in 2007, we have quickly established ourselves as the premier medical clinic to come to for quality laser tattoo removal in Lincolnshire. We know tattoos inside and out; we have seen all types of tattoos on various skin types and successfully treated thousand of patients. Our medical director Julian Kessler who treats all our patients has also given an extensive interview on BBC Lincolnshire about laser tattoo removal.
We only use the latest and leading laser equipment for tattoo removal including two medical grade lasers: Cynosure Revlite and a Ruby laser called Tattoo Star. This allows us to select the best and most powerful equipment to treat your tattoo, as the treatment varies depending on the colours used in a tattoo. Our lasers are also high medical quality which means we can deliver lasting results with less treatments compared to standard tattoo removal clinics.
The advanced technology of laser tattoo removal works by allowing the laser light to pass through the skin and break up the tattoo ink into tiny particles. The body then disposes of these fragments via its immune system.
It usually takes several treatment sessions to ensure a complete tattoo removal – as a general rule we recommend a minimum of 6 sessions. The treatment plan is always discussed at your consultation and will depend on the following factors:
- Your Immune System
Some people recover from colds faster than others. That’s because everyone’s immune system is different and this is a factor that determines your tattoo removal process. Your body will break down the pigment at its own individual rate and will impact the speed of pigment fading after the treatment.
- Your Skin Tone
Lighter skin tones typically have a higher success rate in laser tattoo removal but many skin types are treatable. The darker the skin, the higher the risk of hypo-pigmentation (ghosting). We recommend the area to be as untanned and pale as possible.
- Types of Colours Used in your Tattoo
Black and brown are generally the easiest pigments to remove. Dark blue and purple tattoos generally respond well. Some dark reds can respond well whereas pale reds and pinks, light orange, yellow and light blue may require more visits. The green pigments can be the most challenging and require the most amount of treatments.
- Types of Ink Used
Inks used for tattoos are not regulated so there are many inks out there that affect the skin in different ways. While treatment results will vary, amateur ink generally responds at a faster rate than professional ink.
- Depth and Density of Tattoo Ink
A tattoo that is covered by another has more ink and depth in the skin, therefore requiring additional laser treatments. Professional tattoos run deeper in the skin, requiring more treatments than amateur tattoos.
THE PROCESS OF LASER TATTOO REMOVAL:
Step 1: CONSULTATION FOR JUST £15
- You’ll come and see our medical practitioner. They’ll ask you about the tattoo you want to remove, your full medical history and if you’ve had any previous treatments.
- Your tattoo area will be assessed to establish your individual needs and plan a suitable treatment regime with accurate cost per session
- A test patch will be carried out to assess certain pigments in your tattoo but it is not absolutely necessary.
STEP 2: Laser Tattoo Removal Treatment
- Immediately prior to treatment, the skin is cleansed and then cooled to minimise discomfort. We use specifically designed cooling system to minimise thermal damage to the skin and reduce your discomfort.
- Most patients describe the treatment as a series of sharp pin pricks, or a warm, prickly sensation. The majority of patients tolerate this sensation without requiring anaesthetics. The area may become red and raised this may last from a few hours to 24 hours. Blistering is rare but can occur.
- The treatment will be repeated every 8-10 weeks depending how the tattoo ink responds to the laser. Your skin will be assessed as you progress.
LASER TATTOO REMOVAL TREATMENT AT GLANCE
Initial Consultation Cost: £15
Procedure Time: 15min -30min
Best Results: 6-20 treatments depending on the size of area, type of ink, and your skin’s own response to laser light
Recovery Time: 2-4 days
Prices: from £45 a session depending on the size of the area
BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Above: Large Black Tattoo Before and After 8 Treatments
Above: Medium Colourful Ink Tattoo Before and After 10 Treatments
Above: Medium Black High Density Tattoo Before and After 10 Treatments