PREMIUM LASER PIGMENTATION REMOVAL
For more than 12 years, at Lincoln Laser Skincare we have been successfully treating all types of pigmentation problems on various skin types from white to asian.
Skin pigmentation can take the form of freckles, age spots or larger patches of discoloured skin. The most common form is hyperpigmentation, which is the excess production of the skin pigment melanin, appearing as localised patches, which are darker than the surrounding skin.
We stock leading medical lasers and topical medical products which means we can effectively treat all varieties of pigmentation problems.
There are several types of skin pigmentation that can be treated by medical laser/IPL therapy whilst other types can only be treated with topical skin solutions like medical grade skin products. In view of this, we will need to see your pigmentation problem during a consultation in order to assess which type of treatment is suitable for you. Either way, we have very powerful treatments and equipment at hand that will dramatically improve your skin condition.
Here are some of the options that we have available for you if you would like read about them in advance:
1. PIGMENTATION REMOVAL WITH INTENSE PULSED LIGHT THERAPY (IPL):
We use the Lynton Lumina Intense Pulsed Light System (IPL) for the removal of superficial pigmentation problems. This state-of-the-art IPL system has been developed by Lynton Lasers Ltd. using the latest medical laser technologies. It is suitable for use with superficial pigmentation caused by prolonged sun exposure such as solar lentigines(sun/age spots) and freckles and is particularly useful for reducing these problems on the face, neck, décolleté and hands.
The light emitted by the IPL system is absorbed by the colour in the pigmentation. This heats up and destroys the skin cells (melanocytes) which produce the excess colour. Occasionally mild swelling can be expected and darkening of the lesion will also be noticed. As the skin sheds naturally, this darkening will fade away leaving the lesion paler and less noticeable. This usually takes around 10 days. The treatments are scheduled at 4-6 weeks intervals. The number of treatments required can vary but several (2-3) are often required to achieve desired results.
2.PIGMENTATION REMOVAL WITH ELITE+ and REVLITE LASERS
At our skin clinic, we can also use the Elite+ and Revlite laser to treat more melasma-type pigmentation issues, freckles, age spots and larger pigmentation patches. Those laser generate a different type of wavelengths of light and would be used to penetrate your skin differently than IPL. It is down to professional discretion and physical manifestation of your pigmentation that decides which equipment is used.
3. REMOVAL OF PIGMENTATION CONDITIONS USING TOPICAL SOLUTION:
A minority of people can develop pigment problems which are not suitable for IPL or laser treatment. These can be hormonally caused. In darker skin types particularly, it is common for dark patches to form following skin inflammation or injury. This is known as “post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation” and needs very careful treatment to prevent it from worsening. IPL and laser treatments are very likely to make the problem worse and we recommend a very cautious approach. We can offer a selection of cosmeceutical grade skin products to assist in evening out skin tone and reducing further hyper-pigmentation.
START YOUR JOURNEY TO A BETTER SKIN FROM £35
Step 1: MEDICAL CONSULTATION FOR JUST £35
- You’ll come and see our medical practitioner at your consultation. They’ll ask you about your skin, your full medical history and if you’ve had any previous treatments.
- Your skin will be assessed to establish its true pigmentation condition
- We will inform you about the products and treatments which would be of benefit and formulate a treatment plan.
- If your pigmentation is suitable for treatment with the IPL system/laser, we may need to perform a test patch in the problem area to assess your skins reaction.
- If your pigmentation is not suitable for IPL treatment/laser, we will suggest other treatments/products
- Full costing for the products and treatments are explained at your consultation visit and you will be under no obligation to make any decisions at that time. We always encourage people to consider the information before embarking on any course of treatment
Step 2 : TREATMENT
- We will perform your first treatment whether that is IPL/laser treatment or an alternative suitable to your pigmentation condition.
Step 3: SUSTAINING RESULTS
- To compliment your pigmentation treatment and sustain long-lasting result, we will also provide you with guidance when it comes to your skin care regime at home. We will recommend you a bespoke series of cosmeceutical products to use (especially high quality SPF to avoid further pigmentation issues) to make sure your skin stays looking heathy long after the treatments have finished.
- Due to skin ageing, genetics and skin type it is likely that to some maintenance treatment will be required as and when to keep your pigmentation in check in the long-run.
PIGMENTATION TREATMENT AT GLANCE
Consultation £35 (one-off fee)
Procedure Time: 30min -60min depending on the skin area
Specialist: Medical Nurse Practitioner
Recovery Time: Minimal
Prices: from £100 a session depending on the size of the area and pigmentation condition, savings available on treatment courses
BEFORE AND AFTER COMPARISON: