Remove milia safely and easily with the leading medical skin clinic in Lincoln.
We have had many patients coming to us for years for removal of milia and we always treat each case individually. The best treatment for you will depend upon the type of milia you have as well as the location and number of milia that need removing. This will be determined at your skin consultation which is needed to start the process.
The most common type of milia removal is performed using a needle. Once the skin with milia has been cleaned, a sterile needle is then used to create a tiny incision in the skin covering the cyst. The contents of the milia are then carefully extracted so as not to cause any trauma to the skin.
Some types of milia may be more suitable for removal using a Hyfrecator. A Hyfrecator uses tiny electrical pulses to cauterize the skin covering the milia, allowing the contents to then be extracted.
In other cases, you may be prescribed a topical medication to treat the milia, but this is only for certain types of milia.
Regardless which option will be recommended for your condition, you can be assured that we will remove your milia safely and efficiently, allowing you to look your best.
START YOUR JOURNEY TO A MILLIA FREE SKIN FROM £35
Step 1: MEDICAL CONSULTATION FOR JUST £35
- You’ll come and see our medical practitioner at your consultation. They’ll ask you about your skin, your full medical history and if you’ve had any previous treatments.
- Your milia will be assessed to establish its true condition and the most suitable treatment will be recommend
- It’s also likely you will be advised to prepare your skin before treatment by using a non-abrasive exfoliating cleanser and vitamin A product on a regular basis. These products will soften the skin that covers the milia, making it easier to remove and can also help prevent further milia developing.
- Full costing for the products and treatments are explained at your consultation visit and you will be under no obligation to make any decisions at that time. We always encourage people to consider the information before embarking on any course of treatment
Step 2 : TREATMENT
- We will perform milia removal based on the diagnosis in the consultation
- Immediately after your treatment there will be little or nothing to see on the treated skin, however some people do experience mild redness and a warming sensation.
Step 3: SUSTAINING RESULTS
- After Care: To compliment your treatment and sustain long-lasting result, we will also provide you with guidance when it comes to your skin care regime at home. We will recommend you a bespoke series of best medical products to use on your own to keep your milia from coming back
MILIA TREATMENT AT GLANCE
Procedure Time: 10min -20min
Specialist: Medical Nurse Practitioner
Recovery Time: Minimal
Prices: from £65 a session depending on the size of the area