Revive Your Complexion with our Medical Range of Skin Peel
A skin peel treatment is one of the most popular non-invasive cosmetic procedures performed to rejuvenate and revitalise the appearance of the skin. At Lincoln Laser Skincare, we have sourced the best peels from award-winnig company Medik8 to provide powerful yet risk-free results for our patients.
A skin peel is a procedure based on the application of an enzyme or chemical exfoliant to the skin in order to induce destruction of the epidermis and/or the dermis cells resulting in the removal of skin lesions or imperfections and the improvement of the skin texture.
The treatment stimulates new cell growth and collagen production, helping to reveal fresher, youthful, softer and smoother looking skin without any of the side effects associated with invasive surgery.
Skin peels are an excellent maintenance therapy either alone or as part of an extended skincare programme. This is an ideal treatment for rejuvenating the skin before a special occasion or for those who simply want to maintain smooth, younger looking skin. Skin peels are a popular treatment for teenage acne because it takes away the top layer of skin and unblocks the skin affected by acne.
We stock a variety of cosmeceutical grade skin peels from award winning skincare brand Medik8. This gives us a choice to formulate the best solution to your skin type and its current condition. The alpha hydroxy acids in Medik8 skin peels are in a slow release form and the peel is especially designed to avoid visible flaking of the skin. You will be advised on the best option that suits your skin during your consultation but we have listed the options below if you wish to find out more in advance:
Option 1: Medik8 Light Peel
A mild peel treatment for acneic and lightly wrinkled skin. This peel effectively diminishes excess sebum, signs of ageing and light scarring. Great as a first peel. Brightens and smooths the skin. Visible results and minimal downtime.
Option 2: Medik8 Beta Peel
Anti-acne peel, rapidly brings acne under control & dramatically reduces the risk of future scarring. Effective treatment to control acne and reduce the risk of future outbreaks by targeting blocked pores, comedones and inflammation.
Option 3: Medik8 Age Peel
An effective acid combination to reduce fine lines & wrinkles & fade away imperfection leaving the skin smooth & renewed. Boosts collagen and elastin production. Visible results straight away.
You can also read more through our frequently asked questions below to find out more about the skin peels and what effect they will have on your skin:
- How Does Chemical Peel Treatment Work?
Chemical peels produce a partial thickness injury to the skin, the depth of which is determined by the chemical agents. Following the trauma to the skin, the wound healing process reorients the new skin connective tissue. Collagen re-modeling is the main reason chemical peels decrease sun damage and reduce wrinkles. Dermal regeneration can take weeks to months. Lighter peel cause the skin to heal in a few days, giving it an improved appearance, more even skin colour, smoother texture and a healthier glow.
- How long will the effects of the chemical peel last?
Ageing of the skin is a chronic natural phenomenon. A single peel can reverse some of the clinical and histological signs of ageing, but once the skin has healed from the peel, the ageing process starts again. Therefore, a daily program of specifically designed products that reverse the signs of aging is necessary to maintain long-term improvement. Mild chemical peels can be performed regularly dependant on individual’s needs and skin type.
- Is it safe to have chemical peels done on a regular basis?
Yes. Generally multiple treatments are required to achieve desired results. Subsequent peels may be repeated every 3 to 4 weeks or with stronger peels 4 to 6 weeks. There is no limit to the number of peels a person can receive as long as improvement continues. The effect is cumulative with time.
START YOUR JOURNEY TO A BETTER SKIN TODAY
Step 1: MEDICAL CONSULTATION FOR JUST £35
- You’ll come and see our medical practitioner at your consultation. They’ll ask you about your skin problems and your current regime, your full medical history and if you’ve had any previous treatments.
- Your skin will be assessed to establish the best chemical peel for a treatment
- We will inform you about the products and treatments which would be of benefit and formulate a treatment plan. Full costing will be explained and you will be under no obligation to make any decisions at that time. We always encourage people to consider the information before embarking on any course of treatment
Step 2 : TREATMENT
- We will perform your peel treatment with the most suitable skin peel.
- Immediately after the treatment, we would recommend the Dermalux treatment as well to assist in settling and stimulating the skin
- Recovery time: Immediately after your treatment, you can experience mild redness and a warming sensation. On sensitive areas, there is a possibility of having a temporary dryness and redness that usually settles after 24 hours.
Step 3: SUSTAINING RESULTS
- After Care: To compliment your skin peel treatment and sustain long-lasting result, we will also provide you with guidance when it comes to your skin care regime at home. We will recommend you a bespoke series of best medical products to use on to make sure your skin looks and feels amazing long after the treatments have finished.
SKIN PEEL TREATMENT AT GLANCE
Consultation £35 (a one off fee)
Procedure Time: approximately 30min
Specialist: Medical Nurse Practitioner
Recovery Time: Minimal
Prices: from £65 a session, £80 when combined with a dermalux treatment