VISIBLE WRINKLE REDUCTION WITHOUT ANY NEEDLES
Pellevé is a new type of non-invasive anti-aging procedure to tighten sagging skin and wrinkles without a need for surgery. The treatment stimulates the skin to form new collagen, delivering quick results and being rarely accompanied by side effects or complications. Not only is Pellevé effective and easy to use, it is also a research backed wrinkle treatment system approved by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not a Laser and does not use light but instead uses Radio-frequency waves to heat up skin tissue. Pellevé is a second generation non-invasive skin treatment that visibly tightens and smoothes the face.
How does Pellevé work?
Pellevé uses new and advanced radiowave technology to heat the deepest layers of the skin without causing any superficial damage. There is no anaesthesia needed, because there is no pain felt during the procedure. A special 10, 15, or 20mm gold plated Pellevé hand piece will be massaged over the skin after a conducting gel is applied. A warming sensation will be felt over the treated area. The skin surface temperature is frequently monitored using an infra-red thermometer.
Once the temperature reaches 40-42 ºC, the skin is allowed to cool naturally whilst we work on another area. This is regarded as ‘one’ pass. Your age and/or skin condition will dictate how many passes are required, for instance someone in their 40’s would need 4-5 passes, where as a patient in their 60’s would need 6-7 passes. Once the target temperature is reached, the collagen in the dermal skin layer contracts and new collagen formation is stimulated. This newer collagen then creates a smoother appearance in the uppermost layer of skin.
On what part of the body is Pellevé used?
The Pellevé procedure is FDA cleared and can be used to treat facial skin, the neck area and décolleté. Most patients request the procedure be targeted at the wrinkles formed at the corners of the eyelids, commonly known as “crow’s feet” and around the eye area. Pellevé is also very effective in treating the wrinkles that stretch between the nose and the corners of the mouth, also referred to as “smile lines” or “laughter lines.” The majority of patients, however, tend to opt for the full face treatment to give that subtle lift and all over improvement in skin texture and laxity. Pellevé is also cleared for treating skin on the neck and the décolleté. It can also be used on the hands and apparently it has been used around the knees.
What are the results of the procedure?
The results include smoother skin, the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, and the tightening of sagging skin. These results typically take up to six months to reach optimum effect, and can last a minimum of six months but up to 2 years. This depends on your original skin condition, whether the treatment is combined with other rejuvenation procedures (such as botox or fillers), and environmental factors such as smoking, excess sun exposure and general state of health.
Certainly since its release in the United States in 2009 the amount of clinics in the States taking on this procedure has risen dramatically. Here in the UK we tend to lag a little behind but in the case of facial aesthetic treatments, this is not a bad thing. We want to see the results and wait for the positive feedback. This treatment is now getting a lot of really positive press from magazines, papers the Internet and from fellow professionals.
How do I prepare for the treatment?
It is important for the skin to be well hydrated before treatment is commenced. In some cases we may recommend one or two light chemical peels, a couple of weeks before, to prepare the skin. This allows us to maximise the penetration of the radio-waves into the deeper layers. Avoid excess alcohol the day before and after treatment.
How will my skin look afterwards?
You may have a little redness over the treated area. This should settle quickly. In some very rare cases it has been noted that very mild swelling/oedema may occur. This is just a transient healing response to the collagen fibres heating up and tightening. We apply a hydrating serum and recommend using a Dermalux treatment afterwards to maximise the results.
START YOUR JOURNEY TO A BETTER SKIN TODAY
Step 1: MEDICAL CONSULTATION FOR JUST £35
- You’ll come and see our medical practitioner at your consultation. They’ll ask you about your skin, your full medical history and if you’ve had any previous treatments.
- Your skin will be assessed to establish its true condition by removing your make up and using a skin scanner and magnifying lamp.
- We will inform you about the products and treatment which would be of benefit and formulate a treatment plan. We may suggest some complimentary treatments as well as skin products to use in a home-care regimen. Full costing for the products and treatments are explained at your consultation visit and you will be under no obligation to make any decisions at that time. We always encourage people to consider the information before embarking on any course of treatment
Step 2 : TREATMENT
- We will perform your first Pelleve treatment, it is painless and smooth treatment.
- A special 10, 15 or 20mm gold plated Pellevé hand piece will be massaged over a treated skin after a conducting gel is applied. A warming sensation will be felt over the treated area. The skin surface temperature will be monitored using an infra-red thermometer to achieve 40-42 ºC to kick start new collage production.
- Immediately after your treatment there will be little or nothing to see on the treated skin, however some people do experience mild redness and a warming sensation.
Step 3: SUSTAINING RESULTS
- To compliment your Pelleve treatment and sustain long-lasting result, we will also provide you with guidance when it comes to your skin care regime at home. We will recommend you a bespoke series of best medical products to use on your own to make sure your skin looks and feels amazing long after the treatments have finished.
PELLEVE TREATMENT AT GLANCE
Procedure Time: 30min -60min depending on the size of the area
Specialist: Medical Nurse Practitioner
Recovery Time: Minimal
Prices: from £150 a session depending on the size of treated area, savings available on treatment courses
BEFORE AND AFTER COMPARISON: