PREMIUM LASER TREATMENTS FOR REDNESS AND ROSACEA IN LINCOLNSHIRE
At Lincoln Laser Skincare, we use a combination of our gold standard medical- grade lasers, Intense Pulse Light (IPL), light therapy ‘Dermalux‘ and cosmeceutical products to assist in improving the appearance of all types of facial redness. Rosacea is a skin condition that often requires on-going maintenance to manage the symptoms. It can be very difficult to cure completely, however rosacea can manifest in a number of different ways and this would determine how we put an individual plan of treatments.
This combined therapy is known to deliver very effective results on a wide range of facial redness conditions including:
- Flushing, tendency to go red
- Hormone induced redness (e.g. menopause)
- Broken blood vessels, capillaries, thread veins or spider veins
- Rosacea – acne-related inflammation
Depending on your redness condition, we would recommend the most suitable treatment during our initial consultation which would be one of the following:
- The facial vessels which cause the “blushing” effect are treated with the Lumina IPL system (IPL) and Cynosure Elite+ Laser
- To reduce any acne type inflammation, we use the NLite-V laser
- All patients can be also treated with Dermalux sessions (LED photo-therapy)
- Depending on patient’s skin condition, this can be further supported by a recommended medical skincare range
How does the rosacea treatment work?
When treating rosacea with the Lumina Intense Pulsed Light system (IPL) the tiny blood vessels in the skin, which are responsible for the “blushing” effect, are heated up causing them to collapse and be reabsorbed by the body.
If we treat inflammation with The Nlite-V laser, it works by reducing the inflammatory response of the skin and can help to reduce breakouts of spots in a similar way as it does when treating acne problems. The treatment should only cause minor discomfort and does not require the use local anaesthetic. The treatment is fairly fast and treatments can range from 15-30 minutes duration depending on the area to be treated and client tolerance.
What will my skin look like afterwards?
The IPL treatment introduces heat into the skin and therefore it is likely that your skin will look red and feel warm following the procedure. It is important to cool the skin immediately afterwards as this will minimise the time that the skin takes to return to normal. We suggest you make time for at least 30 minutes cooling period after your appointment. Cooling can be achieved with either ice-packs or our Smartcool chilled air system. Significant results can usually be seen at the end of a course of 3 – 6 treatments, leaving an interval of between 2-4 weeks between treatments.
Immediately after Nlite-V laser treatment there will be little or nothing to see on the treated skin, however some people do experience mild redness and a warming sensation. A mild histamine reaction of the skin rarely occurs which usually disappears within 24 hrs.You are advised not to take antihistamines or anti-inflammatory medications to treat these mild symptoms as this can lessen the results from the laser treatment.
START YOUR JOURNEY TO A BETTER SKIN FROM £35
Step 1: MEDICAL CONSULTATION FOR JUST £35
- You’ll come and see our medical practitioner at your consultation. They’ll ask you about your skin, your full medical history and if you’ve had any previous treatments.
- Your skin will be assessed to establish its true redness condition by removing your make up and using a skin scanner and magnifying lamp.
- We will inform you about the products and treatments which would provide you the best results and formulate a treatment plan. We may suggest some complimentary treatments as well as highly effective cosmeceutical products to use at home to maximise on results. Full costing for the products and treatments are explained at your consultation visit and you will be under no obligation to make any decisions at that time. We always encourage people to consider the information before embarking on any course of treatment
Step 2 : TREATMENT
- We will perform your first treatment depending on the condition of your redness skin and the most appropriate equipment to treat it (either IPL laser or N-light laser treatment)
- There is a minimal recovery time if Nlite laser is used during the treatment. If IPL is used, there might be some recovery time needed, please the paragraph above explaining all details.
Step 3: SUSTAINING RESULTS
- Dermalux sessions do wonders for roseacea and redness either as part of first treatment or as on-going care to keep it in check. This will be mentioned and discussed with you during your consultation but you are under no obligation to proceed.
- We will also provide you with guidance when it comes to your skin care regime at home. We will recommend you a bespoke series of cosmeceutical products for your redness skin type to help with treatment and minimise it on on-going basis.
ROSECEA AND REDNESS LASER TREATMENT AT GLANCE
Consultation: £35 (one-off fee)
Procedure Time: 30min -60min depending on the skin condition/type of laser used
Specialist: Medical Nurse Practitioner
Recovery Time: Minimal to 24h
Prices: from £80 a session depending on the size of the area and redness condition, savings available on treatment courses