EFFECTIVE THREAD VEINS AND BROKEN VEINS REMOVAL
Thread veins or broken capillaries (telangiectasia) are small red or blue veins which can appear almost anywhere on the body but are most commonly found on the face and legs. They can appear as single veins or as a collection of broken veins close together. They can be caused by many different factors including exposure to extremes of temperature and to ultra violet light, genetics, hormonal changes, injury to the skin and even standing for long periods.
At Lincoln Laser Skincare, we are known for our powerful and cutting-edge laser technology that can improve majority of skin imperfections.
We can use a combination of 3 different laser systems to effectively treat both thread veins and vascular anomalies.
For thread veins, we use the Lynton Lumina Intense Pulsed Light system (IPL) and the Cynosure Elite NdYag laser. Both systems work by emitting light energy into the skin; this is absorbed by the vessels and heats up causing them to coagulate and collapse, preventing blood from re-entering. These damaged veins are gradually absorbed and removed by the body’s immune system over several weeks following treatment.
Our IPL and Cynosure lasers are leading medical grade equipment, clinically proven to deliver powerful result. They can be used to treat both facial and some types of leg vessels.
Not all thread veins will respond to the IPL treatment as they may be too large or situated too deeply in the skin for the light energy to penetrate. For port wine stains, cherry angioma’s, we would use the Nlite-v pulsed dye laser.
What can I expect after a treatment?
This depends on which system is used. With the Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) method treated vessels may disappear altogether and afterwards the skin may feel warm and look red, some swelling can also occur. These skin reactions are normal and can be reduced by thorough skin cooling post treatment. Rarely, mild blistering and a light crusting of the skin may develop. These are completely normal skin reactions but in order to reduce the possibility of these occurring, again, thorough skin cooling after treatment is advised. Any skin reactions should subside within a few days. Treatment on larger vessels or vascular lesions with the Nlite v pulsed dye laser will usually leave bruising which may take a few weeks to fade. Whichever system is used, the damaged vessels will be reabsorbed by the body over the weeks following treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments required is very individual and will depend on the type of vessels and extent of the affected area. You will be given an estimate of the number of treatments your individual case may need at your consultation. If more than a single treatment is required, these are usually spaced at 4-6 weeks apart.
START YOUR JOURNEY TO A BETTER SKIN FROM £35
Step 1: MEDICAL CONSULTATION FOR JUST £35
- You’ll come and see our medical practitioner at your consultation. They’ll ask you about your skin, your full medical history and if you’ve had any previous treatments.
- Your skin will be assessed to establish its true condition by removing your make up and using a skin scanner and magnifying lamp.
- Once the area to be treated has been documented, we can give you an accurate price. We will discuss in depth the treatments suitable to address your concerns and formulate a treatment plan. We may suggest some complimentary treatments as well as skin products to use at home. Full costing for the products and treatments are explained at your consultation visit and you will be under no obligation to make any decisions at that time. We always encourage people to consider the information before embarking on any course of treatment
Step 2 : TREATMENT
- We will perform your first treatment which will be carried out with the most suitable laser. Sometimes we may also use a combination of lasers to achieve the best results.
Step 3: SUSTAINING RESULTS
- After Care: To compliment your treatment and sustain long-lasting results, we will provide you with guidance when it comes to following treatments and your skin care regime at home. You might be required to come back for ‘maintenance’ treatments as and when required. We will recommend you bespoke cosmeceutical products to use at home to make sure your skin looks and feels amazing long after the treatments have finished.
THREAD VEINS AND VASCULAR LESIONS TREATMENT AT GLANCE
Consultation cost: £35
Procedure Time: 15min -60min depending on the skin condition
Specialist: Medical Nurse Practitioner
Recovery Time: Minimal
Prices: from £80 a session depending on the size of area
BEFORE AND AFTER: