Micro Needling Utilising Medical Grade Electronic Device
At Lincoln Laser Skincare, we carry our medical micro needling treatment using a Rejuvapen NXT – a premium, electronic micro-needling pen with small needles that creates tiny punctures in the skin. Any controlled mechanical injury encourages the body to create a wound healing response and renew the skin cells. As your skin repairs, the production of collagen and elastin is triggered to give an almost immediate plumping effect. This helps with tackling skin damage problems such as acne, scarring, dark marks, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles.
Dermapen micro-needling treatment employs the traditional Chinese technique for acupuncture only that here; the targeted result is not to reduce pain but rather to improve the skin appearance through controlled injury.
The self-repairing property of the skin is a 100% natural form of skin renewal from the inside out. The advantage of the Rejuvapen compared to other treatments is that it not only activates cell regeneration, it also enhances the absorption of topical serums into the skin during the treatment before the skin closes. This is why we can enhance the treatment with our high quality medical-grade serums, that we stock at the clinic. Moreover, with this device, we are able to adjust the penetration depth of the needles depending on anatomical area which reduces discomfort and allows us to optimise the best outcome. Finally, it is also a great treatment for darker skins because it doesn’t involve peels or lasers, which can cause pigmentation.
Treatments can be performed on the body as well as the face, although prices are based on an area the size of the face. The best results from micro-needling are seen after a course of 3-6 treatments.
START YOUR JOURNEY TO A BETTER SKIN FROM £35
Step 1: MEDICAL CONSULTATION FOR JUST £35
- You’ll come and see our medical practitioner at your consultation. They’ll ask you about your skin, your full medical history and if you’ve had any previous treatments.
- Your skin will be assessed to establish its true condition by removing your make up and using a skin scanner and magnifying lamp.
- We will inform you about the products and treatments which would be of benefit and formulate a treatment plan. We may suggest some complimentary treatments as well as skin products to use in a home-care regime. Full costing for the products and treatments are explained at your consultation visit and you will be under no obligation to make any decisions at that time. We always encourage people to consider the information before embarking on any course of treatment
Step 2 : TREATMENT
- We apply a numbing cream to the area of skin to be treated, to ensure the treatment feels comfortable and pain-free. We also massage a hydrating or special epidermal growth factor serum into your skin, to boost the results of the treatment and general skin health
- Our practitioner will run the Rejuvapen slowly across the specific area of skin to be treated. The needles found inside the Rejuvapen device carefully create small perforations to stimulate repair and renew the top layer of skin.
- We continue working the Rejuvapen around the skin in a circular motion for a variable amount of time, depending on the size of the area being treated.
- Recovery time: Immediately after your treatment you will experience some redness and tightness that feels like a sun burn, that will settle after a few hours. On sensitive areas, there is a possibility that you may get a histamine type reaction that usually settles after 24 hours.
- We would recommend a Dermalux treatment to calm the skin and help with recovery immediately after the treatment and a week after.
Step 3: SUSTAINING RESULTS
- After Care: To compliment your needling treatment and sustain long-lasting results, we will also provide you with guidance when it comes to your skin care regime at home. We will recommend you a bespoke series of cosmeceutical products to use for 5-7 days to support your skin recovery.
MEDICAL MICRO-NEEDLING TREATMENT AT GLANCE
Procedure Time: 30min -60min depending on the skin condition
Specialist: Medical Nurse Practitioner
Recovery Time: 3-5 days as some redness and dryness can be expected
Prices: from £150 a session depending on the size of the area and skin condition
BEFORE AND AFTER COMPARISON: