Microdermabrasion is often used as an adjunct treatment to enhance the effects of laser and Intense Pulsed Light treatments. It helps to prepare the skin by removing dead skin cells off the surface of the skin and allows for better penetration of the laser; this is especially important when being treated with the Nlite-V laser.
What does the treatment involve?
Microdermabrasion softens the appearance of acne scarring and other surface irregularities, and leaves a polished, smooth surface. It is ideal for ageing skin, fine lines, wrinkles, brown spots / pigmentation, acne skin, acne scars, enlarged pores, blemished skin, devitalized skin, dull skin, thickened skin and brown spots.
Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment which uses crystals on the skin. Performed with a jet of micro crystals vacuumed with a hand piece across the skins surface at high power to remove the dead and damaged cells. The therapist can control the depth of the abrasion.
How many treatments are required?
Treatments last 30 minutes and your therapist can recommend how many would be of benefit to you. After the treatment the skin may feel tight as if exposed to the sun or wind.
Some skins may peel and it is important to use good moisturisers. If deeper treatment is performed, there may be marked redness and swelling which will subside within a few days. Healing time varies from 3 to 4 days or longer, but the results are worthwhile.
Find out more about Micro-dermabrasion and what is involved in the treatment by downloading our Micro-dermabrasion Information Pack(PDF 2.1mb)
START YOUR JOURNEY TO A BETTER SKIN FROM £35
Step 1: MEDICAL CONSULTATION FOR JUST £35
- You’ll come and see our medical practitioner at your consultation. They’ll ask you about your skin, your full medical history and if you’ve had any previous treatments.
- Your skin will be assessed to establish its true condition by removing your make up and using a skin scanner and magnifying lamp.
- We will inform you about the products and treatments which would be of benefit and formulate a treatment plan. We may suggest some complimentary treatments as well as skin products to use in a home-care regimen. Full costing for the products and treatments are explained at your consultation visit and you will be under no obligation to make any decisions at that time. We always encourage people to consider the information before embarking on any course of treatment
Step 2 : TREATMENT
- We will perform your first treatment or a series of treatments, depending on the condition of your acne
- Recovery time: Immediately after your treatment there will be little or nothing to see on the treated skin, however some people do experience mild redness and a warming sensation. At worse you may have occasional small red bruises (purpura) scattered around the treated area, but these often fade within the next few hours. In very extreme circumstances they may persist for a few days, but can be covered with make-up. On sensitive areas, there is a possibility that you may get a histamine type reaction that usually settles after 24 hours.
Step 3: SUSTAINING RESULTS
- After Care: To compliment your acne treatment and sustain long-lasting result, we will also provide you with guidance when it comes to your skin care regime at home. We will recommend you a bespoke series of best medical products to use on your own to make sure your skin looks and feels amazing long after the treatments have finished.
MICRO-DERMABRASION TREATMENT AT GLANCE
Procedure Time: 30min -60min depending on the skin condition
Specialist: Medical Nurse Practitioner
Recovery Time: Minimal
Prices: from £100 a session depending on the size of the area and acne condition, savings available on treatment courses
*BEFORE AND AFTER GALLERY functionality
*ARRANGE A CONSULTATION TODAY functionality